Conventional Dental Implants Markham, ON
Traditional/ Conventional Dental Implants
These terms refer to the original methods & characteristics of implant placement surgery.
In these situations,
- the natural tooth was lost over 9 months previously
- incisions are made in the gum tissue, and a full gum flap is raised to expose the bone
- the implant is placed into the bone, usually “by eye” (without a surgical guide)
- the implant is covered over and allowed to heal for at least 9 months
- then the implant is exposed (2nd surgery) & tested for stability
- after the gums have healed, the restoration of the implant begins
Differences between Traditional and Non-Traditional Implants
Non-traditional Implant placement may include one or more of the following characteristics:
- Immediate Implant Placement – Implant placed at the same time as tooth is extracted
- Computer-Guided “Closed” surgery – No gum flap is raised to expose surrounding bone
- CBCT based Surgical Guide – used for implant placement instead of “by Eye”
- One stage surgery – restoration or healing abutment placed same day. Gums are not allowed to heal over implant. no second stage surgery required.
- “Immediate Loading” – a (temporary) restoration is placed on the implant on the same day as implant placement.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Fill out the form below and we will be
in touch to arrange an appointment