Full Mouth Reconstruction
Regaining Facial Proportions
After many years of tooth wear or tooth loss, some patients can find themselves with a worn or “collapsed” bite. This, in turn, can result in unfavourable facial changes and discomfort in the jaw joints, also known as temporomandibular joint (TMJ’s). This leads to the appearance of “premature aging”.
In these cases, rebuilding the bite using a restorative dentistry procedure such as full mouth rehabilitation may be required. This can be done using dental implants, your natural teeth if they are still intact, or a combination of implants and teeth.
What is full-mouth reconstruction
As the name suggests, full mouth reconstruction or rehabilitation refers to replacing or rebuilding a patient’s teeth. This is a comprehensive treatment procedure that combines restorative and cosmetic dentistry to improve your oral health as well as function, and appearance of your teeth.
Every mouth reconstruction procedure is unique and, thus, requires a personalized treatment plan. Hence our team will examine your mouth to determine the type of mouth rehabilitation you require to restore the health of your teeth and gums. The treatment may include the use of the following components, which essentially gives you a smile makeover and restores your bite or chewing efficiency.
- Dental crowns
- Porcelain veneers
- Dental bridges
- Gum disease treatment
- Teeth whitening
- Cavity fillings
- Scaling and root planing
- Gum or bone grafting
- Gum contouring
- Orthodontic braces or Invisalign
Look Better & Chew Better
Bite reconstruction can have a dramatic effect on a person’s appearance as well as their ability to chew properly. Besides that, patients get to experience the following benefits:
- Improved health and condition of their oral cavity
- Strong and resilient dental structures, including the gum tissue, jawbones, and joints as well as improvement of conditions associated with TMJ disorder
- Better health and overall wellbeing
- A smile makeover, including replacement of missing teeth, correction of teeth affected by decay, discolouration or damage due to teeth grinding and fixing of teeth affected by chips and cracks
- Improved self-esteem and confidence
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Fill out the form below and we will be
in touch to arrange an appointment